Our council was chartered by the Order on April 28 2017, adopting St. Anne as our patron. The council goal is to promote the principles of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism among our members, their families, and our parish communities. Our council is based at St. Anne Catholic Church in Oswego, IL.
As a Catholic service organization we support numerous charitable services and activities. As Knights we strive to help each other become better husbands, fathers and men. We serve our families, our Church and our communities by trying to grow in faith and lead by example.
The generous support of parishioners, our outside fund-raising activities and the many hours of hard work of our members and their families have allow us to assist our church, community and youth in many ways.
Our Mission Statement:
Knights of Columbus Council #16720 in Oswego, IL with the loving Heart of Jesus extends a helping hand to St. Anne Catholic Church in Oswego. We intend to assist our parish pastor and his supporting committees to achieve designated goals set forth for the glory God, the enrichment of our spiritual lives, and overall community improvement for the parishioners of St. Anne. The Knights of Columbus Council # 16720 intends that its endeavors be motivated by a loving heart for Jesus and a strong hand to accomplish God’s goals.
What We Provide:
- Support the parish with its needs
- Help meet the needs of those in the local community
- Provide “Coats for Kids” and “Food for Families”
- Support programs that benefit people with intellectual disabilities
- Aid victims of natural disasters and other catastrophic events, local and worldwide
- Donate wheelchairs to people without mobility at home and abroad
- Save lives through initiatives such as the “Ultrasound Program”
Charity is the first principle of the Knights of Columbus. Knights are men who get things done. We volunteer our time to serve our parishes and our communities. And by working together, we were able to donate more than $1.4 billion and 664 million volunteer hours to worthy causes in the past decade.
- A unique “band of brothers”
- Shared values and the support to live out our Catholic faith more fully
- The ability for our network to accomplish things together that we could not accomplish alone
Unity and Fraternity are the second and third principles of the Knights of Columbus. The Knights of Columbus was founded so that men could work together to serve their parishes and communities, protect the well being of their Catholic families, and support each other in faith and in many other ways along life’s journey. The Knights of Columbus offers its members the opportunity to grow in their faith through living the example of a charity that evangelizes and personifying what it means to be a Catholic gentleman through the practicing of good works.